Thursday, February 6, 2014

An Outcast

Once upon a time, I signed up to be a Soldier. After that I'm required to play Dragon Warrior one weekend a month.  
Don't get me wrong, I love being a Soldier. It's totes the life for me. Oh my god...pretend I didn't say "totes" just then.  But sometimes, it's very aggravating.  I was supposed to get promoted this weekend, but then on Monday, I got word that I have to complete something else to do so. Well, of course, I didn't have the time or resources to do it, so I can't get promoted.  It's starting this weekend off pretty crappy, and it hasn't even begun. Oh yeah, and I'm nice and sick.  Cool. Whine. Gripe. Complain. 
Now that I got that off my chest...  
I was reading the blog "The Life of Bon" today. It's on my list of top ten favorites and I only just started reading it a few months ago, but it has very quickly grown on me. If you're looking for some good stuff to read, I highly recommend you check out her blog. 
Well, today, I stumbled upon "GOMI" AKA Get Off My Internets. I just want to say...Ew. Personally, I have never received negative feedback from the things I've written (from the blog world...) My blog isn't "big" enough to be noticed by the general public. Plus I'm not married, I don't have kids, and in general, my life is...dull. I don't write about my clothes. I don't blog recipes. I don't have grand organizing skills or do the things that your typical "blogger"does. Okay...now I'm just feeling like an outcast in the blogging world. I should cut to the chase. 
GOMI is so stupid!  I spent a stupid amount of time reading the truly awful things people say on there. It's so annoying. I understand that some bloggers...exaggerate the perfection of their lives. Sometimes they share things they shouldn't. But I swear, people forget that bloggers are human beings. We are all flawed individuals.  Sometimes, we don't realize the impact our words have on people until it's too late. Until we said words that couldn't be un-read. The only thing we can do is stop anyone else from reading it. I've written posts that presented backlash in my personal life. I removed the post and apologized to anyone it hurt.  
My intentions were not to hurt feelings or make anyone mad. It was supposed to be a funny, easy to relate to, sort of post.  It wasn't received that way.  It happens. 
Stop being so damn critical. And it's not just the internet that could do well not to be so judgmental.  Obvi.  I know you aren't all perfect people out there! I know I'm sure as hell not! I made tons of mistakes. I do the wrong thing (and typically not purposely) on a daily basis, so how could I expect someone else to have their shit together 100% of the time. I can't. so.....

Whoa, I swore a lot in there. Oh well. Go ahead, bring on the haters. 
someecards.com - I'm not judging you, all I'm saying is that you are so judgmental.

2 comments:

Tammy Jo said...

Hope your weekend gets better! Sorry you are having to deal with that mess!

Ashley said...

That's crappy that you thought you were getting promoted only to have the rug pulled out from under your feet. I hope you can do the next thing and get promoted soon! Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs