Thursday, July 24, 2014

I Literally Can't Even


A little while ago, I wrote a post about some of my quirks that you would likely only know about if you really knew me. Well, today, I decided to bring that back with a theme in mind. Before, I posted a few random facts that were just that: random.  

Today we're talking thing that I literally can't even be without. A "Katie Survival Kit" if you will. 

My number one can't-be-without would definitely be my wooby.  When I was in AIT (advanced individual training) my parents sent me my wooby for my birthday.  It was made for me by my mom, my grandma, and my grandpa.  It makes me feel like I have a piece of them with me anytime I sleep with it. 

Also in the photo above, you can see my pillow. That is a new thing that I will never again go without.  Last week, I realized I was having a really hard time sleeping.  I decided to get myself one of those memory foam pillows. Best. Idea. Ever.  I seriously think I will never leave home without it ever again. 

Of course, my phone.  It has my music, my friends, my blog...my life. Everything that I could possibly need, it has. 

Except...for my planner. 

Some people can write all of their appointments and reminders in their phone, but I cannot. I put everything in my planner from when to pay for things to when to write a blog post. Without it, I might be completely lost (read "I would ABSOLUTELY be lost")


This might be the part where you laugh at me...I have a thing about my hair looking good in uniform. Ask anyone that I work with... In fact it's more than a thing. You might even call it an obsession.  I can not live without all my hair products. Big Sexy Hair, LA Looks gel and Sally's Bobby Pins. I will never use anything else if I can help it.   

Last but not least, I cannot live without my Cafe Rio. It's seriously the best thing in the world.  When I returned from 6 months of training, it was all that I wanted. Luckily at school, it's walking distance from my dorm.  Um...awesome. 


This post was inspired by an email from a representative at Man Crates. They specialize in making it easier to buy for men. Let's get real, it's freaking impossible to buy gifts for a man.  I know that my dad gets so tired of getting all the same old stuff for every Christmas and Birthday. Man Crates is creating a better alternative to make shopping for the men in your life that much easier. Check out their site to learn more! You can also like them on Facebook to keep up with what they have going on!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love your planner!

Jill said...

I have a very similar planner - with my name & everything! Tried to go a year just using the google calendar, but finally gave up! And that line about men being hard to buy for/impossible to buy for made me laugh! I know, because my husband's birthday was this month. :-)

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs