Monday, July 21, 2014

Turnt Tuesday

I'm not sure if you know this, but Utah is a predominately white, predominately suburban area.  Of course, there are rougher parts of town where the tougher people reside, but in general, I'd consider it pretty basic. 

I suppose before I continue, I should explain what I mean by basic.  I think that Urban Dictionary says it best:

Basic:
1. Used to describe someone devoid of defining characteristics that might make a person interesting, extraordinary, or just simply worth devoting time or attention to.

With that being said, I've been devoid of some culture in my life. Prior to this spring, I'd never really been to a club where it isn't all white suburban kids grinding on each other (and that's the worst thing that's going on in that "club").  When I went to Fort Leonard Wood for my Mass Casualty Decon course, I was first exposed to that life.  What was really happening though, is I was joining the rest of the world as far as the club scene is concerned. 

But that was training wheels in comparison to what I've seen here in Louisville. Let me tell you a little thing about this place called Fourth Street Live 

It's basically like a little, tiny Las Vegas strip in Downtown Louisville.  This photo really does not do it justice. I'll have to go again just so I can take some better pictures. 

While I was there, I drank and danced to the music and had more fun than I have had in the longest time.  It was incredible and such a great experience. One of the greatest parts of the military is learning how to have a good time.  These people are a blast.  They just really know how to have a good time.  Due to an unfortunate experience that left me cleaning up my room for an entire day and switching beds (yeah...threw up in my sleep. Gross), I haven't really been all that interested in turning up, but this was so worth it.  

Can't you tell I'm having so much fun?

It was such an awesome night that I will hopefully get to experience again! 

#TurnUp! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs