Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Slim Jims Do Not a Lunch Make

First day of work! First day of work!

Okay, so the first day of work was yesterday, but I'm writing about it today, so the exclamation seems appropriate. 

Of course, I arrived over 30 minutes early. I knew there would be zero traffic yet I left a solid 45 minutes early anything. Facebook told me that it's a woman thing...So of course, I sat in the car and took several first-day-of-work selfies for days...

There are about four more similar to this...I'm cool. I know.

While the work wasn't hard, it was quite overwhelming to learn so much stuff. I was catching on pretty quick and I think it's going to be a good fit for me! I'm still excited about it, so that is a good sign. 

Unfortuantely, I wasn't smart enough to bring a lunch, or even money for a lunch...I ended up eating random things I found in my car. My lunch consisted of a Slim Jim, some sour gummy worms, and wint-o-green Life Savers. Whle I quite like each of those things, I think that I'll make sure I have a lunch today!


I get to go and play big-bad Army swoldier this weekend. It has been ages since I ran around in my combat boots, so I'm not totally broken up about it.  It's just a part of that life.  I may or may not have some exciting new about the Army by the end of the weekend, but I'm not quite sure yet. Just cross your fingers and hope for good things!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week, for now I must go, but you will see me again if I am not enveloped by the insanity that is every-day life.

Here's to not getting swallowed up in da real world.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Good luck this weekend! Hope you have fun.

Ashley said...

Glad your first day went well!

Steph said...

Glad the first day went well...even with an unconventional lunch. :)

Tammy Jo said...

Glad the first day was good!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs