Monday, January 13, 2014

I Might Actually Get to Be a Real Soldier

Can you say "longest weekend of my life?" That is what I had. And not in a good way...

Well, there were some good things about it. Let's start with that. 

I found out that I have the chance to acutally serve my purpose as a Soldier and get deployed. I have to go to a school or two, destroy some APFTs, get promoted and basically be the most fantastic Soldier that I can possibly be so that I get selected to go when the time comes. 

Some people join the military in hopes that they never have to go anywhere or really actually do the job they are trained for. I'm not that person. I really hope that this happens for me. I'm well on my way to being a real Soldier. :) That is pretty okay with me. 

Drill is always very interesting. I'm always a lot happier when I'm actually getting things done. I like to be productive and get stuff done. It's really hard to go there to work and just end up standing around waiting for things to happen, but that's just how the military is sometimes.

I won't even talk about the negative. I feel good today. No need to drag myself down with all of the crap that can happen in a weekend. 

Did anybody watch the new show on Fox "Enlisted?" I was busy being...enlisted. I couldn't watch it, but I heard that it was hilarious. If I get the chance to watch on Friday I'll review it here.  I'll tell you what parts of it are closer to fact and those that would fall under the category of fiction. Maybe I'll try to watch it online. I'll let you know what I think.

Well, I have to get ready for work, so I had better go. I'm sorry most of my posts have been so...blah lately. I've just been too busy to come up with some truly good content.  It will happen though, I promise, you will like reading this blog again someday soon.


1 comments:

Miranda Pridgeon said...

What exciting news! I really hope everything works out for you and your dream of deployment happens! I had set the DVR to record Enlisted but it didn't work. I was bummed since I heard a lot of good things about it. Hopefully I will get to watch it this week!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs