Sunday, January 19, 2014

Is A Work Pot Luck Anxiety Worthy?

A couple of months ago, I made a solid attempt to catch onto the "No Spend" trend. Unfortunately, by an extremely awful turn of events, my grandpa passed away. That meant that I had to and from Salt Lake an extra time and I ended up just having to spend a little more than I wanted to. I did cut out a lot of extras, but overall, it wasn't nearly as successful as it could have been. 
 
When I made my "New Years Resolutions"( you missed those? Read them all here) I had that unsuccessful month in mind. Well, I'm decided to really dig into "Save every possible penny."
Now that I have a job, I have to budget my money very carefully. I really don't have any wiggle room. Yesterday, all I wanted was to stop for a hot chai at the Beans & Brews, but I stopped myself.  Don't ask me how...I was a miracle I didn't find myself in that drive up window.  Basically, I'm giving this no spend thing another shot.  That means no Costa Vida at work...No Beans & Brews.  No new shoes.  No new hair doo. 
I just love being broke. 
Besides all that though, there are some really good things going on right now. In a month, my best friend who has been stationed in Okinawa for the past two years is coming home. I'm so ridiculously excited about it that I want to cry.  I wanted to post a picture of us together...but I realized I don't have any! Dumb. 
We're having a Pot Luck for a baby shower at work and I've offered to bring the main dish. Now I suddenly have anxiety. I feel like this is some kind of initiation. My office is small and everyone is really close. It's like what if everyone hates what I bring? Will they all hate me too?!  Okay..so deep down I know that isn't how life works, but somehow, that anxiety is still there. 

I suddenly can't even remember why I started typing. I know there was something specific I was wanting to talk about, but I honestly can't remember...What's new? 

 Remember how I'm working with The Sassy Seamstress? I'm so excited about it. Who wouldn't be? Look at this? 
How could you not want this?!  Okay, so maybe you would have to be a Doctor Who fan to truly appreciated this particular item, but she has all kinds of other great products and does custom made stuff too. I suggest you go "Like" her on Facebook to keep up with all of the great stuff she's got going on. 

And I guess that's all for today.  I've got to work in a few hours and I've got a lunch to prepare complete with several sandwiches and a package of Ramen Noodles. Happy Sunday :)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Good luck with your pot luck. I hope it goes well and everybody likes it.

Ashley said...

I'm sure they'll love whatever you bring!

Tammy Jo said...

How exciting that your friend is coming home!!!!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs