Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Childhood Dreams

I almost forgot to post today! Whoops! I'm trying not the schedule my posts out too far because I feel like they get too robotic.  And I'm much more into writing whatever is on my mind and that time.  I would have for you to be getting outdated thoughts! 
I told you a couple days ago that I listened to an incredible book called The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.  Well one major part of the book is Randy telling us how he achieved his childhood dreams, facilitated the achievement of others, and how we can make our childhood dreams happen as well. 
In the spirit of continuing my Month of Me I thought I'd share my biggest childhood dream. 
I wanted to be the next Dixie Chick.  In case you are having trouble remembering who they are, please enjoy the video below.

Basically, I have always just wanted be them...I think that my sister Megan can understand that kind of dream.  For a while, the dream sort of just...dropped of the earth.  I was busy doing other things and I stopped actively pursuing my dream of becoming a Dixie Chick.  Through out the past few months, though, my musical fire has been reignited and thus the Dixie Chick Dream has resurfaced as well.

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever be an actual Dixie Chick (lets face it...they're never getting back together) but I can still pursue a musical career.  Even if it's just one on the side.  As I'm heading back to Salt Lake this summer, I'm working on putting together a little three piece band.  We want to play all over town all summer and try to make something real happen for us and our bluegrass stardom...  I might never be a real Dixie Chick, but I think it'll be good for me to try!


1 comments:

Jen said...

I say go for pursuing your dreams!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs