Friday, May 1, 2015

A Month of Me

This month, is the month of my birth.  May is also my favorite month.  I don't think that it's because I was born in May though.  It's just so green, and full of dafodils and sunshine.  It's also the month that my semester ends, and that is glorious.
 
So each weekday this month I'll be sharing something different about my passions, my family, and other things of that nature. Today, as I'm in Pahrump doing my thing with my band, I figured it would be a good day to talk about one of my very most favorite things in the world:
Bluegrass.
 
I started playing the Mandolin when I was 11.  It wasn't necessarily something I planned on doing nor was it something my parents pushed me or my sisters towards.  It was simply something that I had an interest in, so I picked up a mandolin and asked my dad to teach me song.
 
Ever since that summer before 6th grade, I've been playing the mandolin. For a while it was all I ever wanted to do.  I wanted to be the fourth Dixie Chick.  I didn't care how improbable it was, it was what I wanted. As I got older though, it got sort of pushed to the wayside.  I was busy doing other things that it became too much of a hassle to practice and learn new things.  Sadly, I wasn't really all that into it.
 
Luckily, though, since I've lived here in Vegas, I've rediscovered my love for it and it has become something that I look forward to doing.  I play all the time and I'm really excited to do this thing in Pahrump this weekend!
 
  

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh good ole Pahrump! Have fun this weekend. :)

Ashley said...

I hope you have a great time this weekend. That's such a cool talent!

Kara - RofaMW said...

Yay for May birthdays!!

Chelsie Carr said...

Yay for birthdays and for music! I love that you play such a unique instrument!

MeandMySoldierMan said...

What a neat talent!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs