Monday, January 6, 2014

Patience You Must Have

Although I will admit that I'm not particularly into that whole "New Year, New Me" thing, several new things have already found their way into my life. 

For example, my Sony internet consol I have for my TV stopped working fantastically, so I had to resort to watching stuff other than Netflix. Oddly enough, instead of whipping out a DVD player, I uncovered some "Special Edition" original VHS copies of Stars Wars episodes IV, V, & VI. Don't judge me. I hadn't ever seen them before. So I hooked up the VCR and watched them all. 

Instantly obsessed. 

Hopefully my mother will be kind enough to get me I, II, and III tomorrow so my obsession can be fed.

I can stop being so bored because--drum roll please--I got a job! Starting this week, I will be working at financing company. I am beyond excited about it and I cannot wait to be working again. I feel so...broke. I feel that way because I am.

I'm starting a new 6-days-a-week gym routine as of today.  I've been pretending that I'm bulking and eating like crap and doing this whole two milkshakes in one meal. Yep, I started my meal with one and I ended it with one...Not so cool. I also decided to crack down on my "resolutions" and quit drinking soda. I drank my last one with my lunch yesterday. It was a sad but necsessary moment if I really want to get into the shape I want. 
bye bye milkshake...bye bye delicious. 

  And saying goodbye to the ever so delicious two milkshake meal is only the tip of the iceberg of change. Not necessarily enormous changes, but change nonetheless. While I don't want to be all cliche and say that "New Year, New Me"  bullshit I'm kinda feeling like a new me anyway.  I was so sure that life would stay gloomy, but I learn from Yoda "Patience you must have". Yoda was right. 


I still have some ad space available for half off, so be sure to check that out over here. Start your new year off right! Start it with me :) Watch for some giveaways and other fun stuff!  

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats on the job!

Kara said...

I'm trying to quit drinking soda too. I didn't have any on Friday, about a half of a McDonald's small on Saturday, and small fountain soda yesterday because I had a horrible headache. So far, so good today! I think if I can just get away from buying them at the gas station all the time, I'll be good. An occasional one isn't going to kill me, but I was drinking 2 20 oz bottles a day.

Ashley said...

Congrats on the job! John and I watched a special Myth Busters on Star Wars and it made me want to give them another chance since I didn't like them the first time I watched them.

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs