Thursday, December 12, 2013

Excuse Me, I Swear, I'm Sorry

So far, this blog has had well over twice as much success as the old one, I'm not sure what I'm doing that has made this one so much more attractive, but it worked. 

I've had a couple of people ask me, "What's with the name?" 

Well, I'll tell you. 

In my life so far, I have had a lot of life experiences in which I really want things to go one way and they end up not exactly working out the way that I planned.  I used to really let it get to me. The walls of my life seemed to be collapsing in around me on a weekly basis. Nothing seemed to just..work. 

Well, one day, I just woke up with a brand new attitude. It was like I didn't give two shits--excuse me, I'm sorry, I swear--if things worked out, as long as I learned something from it, I was okay. I could just...Chalk it up to better luck and hope for the best the next time around.  

This change of attitude completely turned my life around. I stopped crying over my stupid break-up with my ex-fiance and I made some goals. I applied for college (even though that didn't really work out amazingly either), I got excited about leaving for basic training and I changed my own life by learning to turn my failure into something else entirely...

It's not failure, it's just the chance to try again. 

My dad used to say, back when you could win a free coke form the lids of a 20 oz coke bottle, whenever he opend one that said "try agian" he said "Oh look, I won!" We would aways get all excited then remember that he was about to say "Yeah, I won the chance to try again"

And that is what I think of now. When things don't work out the way that I had hoped they would I just chalk it up to better luck and move on from it. 

And I want to hear about how you have done it too. I am starting a series about how people deal with hard times. I want to hear about a time that things didn't go exactly as you planned, but they turned out okay or even better thank okay anway. 


If you've got an experience to share, please send me an email! I'd love to have you share your stories on my blog :)

Don't forget about the giveaway! Your chance to enter ends on Sunday Night!

5 comments:

Areeba said...

That's great! Moving on is the best solution! I'm glad you ended up finding a way for you!

Ashley said...

I'd love to be a part of your series. :) I've had quite the adventure in my life. Everything does eventually work itself out.

Kara said...

Have you read the 'our story' section on my blog? That's all about my accident that turned out for the best. She's 4 now.

Unknown said...

Love your attitude. You could be a great inspiration for people having a hard time in life!

Ayesha
Defining Me

Cody Doll said...

I found you through "I'm Not a Mom Blogger" on fb and I love this idea!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs