Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Flying Solo

Oh. My. Heavens. 
This last week has been so beyond crazy.  I thought it was going to be a rough one with finals and all, but it ended up being just the opposite.  I got through my finals week with out dying, did a lot of studying, completed my assignments and my brain didn't explode, so I think I'll call that a win. 
I think it also helped that I ended up spending quite a bit of time with Travis.  It wasn't the plan.  I planned to actually restrict our time together, but it just didn't work out that way.  On Tuesday, Travis hit a huge mile stone in his aviation career. 
He got to fly solo. 

He's the little dark spot fueling up the plane.

That's him up there in that little Cessna, looking a bit like this:
(You can follow him on instagram to see his awesome pictures and videos all the time @in.thrust.we.trust.  Class name, I know.)

It was such a cool experience to be able to be there and watch it from the observation deck.  I stood their with his Grandparents and his Grandma said all these sweet things about him and I pretty much almost cried I was so proud of him and all the hard work that he has done. I can't even imagine how it felt for him to be up there in the sky all by himself having worked so hard.  I have learned so much about aviation because the guy is always studying.  In fact, I'm interested enough that I might go and get a private pilot license...

Also this week, I was lucky enough to meet up with another blogger!  Laura from Life with Lolo.  She was in Vegas for the week for a work convention so we planned a day to go eat at the Hash House A-Go-Go.  Amazing food by the way...If you're looking for fantastic breakfast place in Vegas, that's the place to go. 
Finals are over.  Travis is flying solo.  It's almost Christmas.  I have a place to live while I'm on my break from school.  I get to sleep in a bed that isn't a twin and ridiculously uncomfortable, and I got to meet an awesome fellow blogger.
Life is good 

2 comments:

Jen said...

That is really exciting!

JG said...

So exciting! Did they cut his shirt, or do they still do that? When SoldierMan had his first solo you were supposed to cut the chest out of the shirt they wore to do it. Another friend of ours had his framed with a little plaque as his "solo shirt."

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs