Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A White Christmas

Christmas at home with my family was exactly what I needed to end this year on the best possible note.  Travis and I headed home on the 21st and spent the whole week up in Salt Lake City.  The drive felt long and it was so nice to make it home and just be able to relax.  I had planned to go out and do all these crazy things while we were in SLC, but instead, we were sort of just home bodies and spent some much needed time lounging around the house and playing with my niece.

Travis helped out with the Advent Calendar, we wrapped presents, did some Christmas shopping, played The Game of Life a thousand and one times, played Monopoly, and basically did what you're supposed to at Christmas time.

On Christmas morning, my sister brought over her daughter and the rest of her family so we could do the Christmas thing out our house.  This year's Christmas was so different than last year.  While she still doesn't understand Santa, she knew the second that they walked in that all the present in that part of the room where hers. It was so much fun to see how excited she got when she saw all of her new stuff.  Obviously, she's a little spoiled, but we didn't really care. 
 
It started to snow right as we started opening gifts.  It really couldn't have been more perfect.
 
Travis and I also sorta made out like bandits.  For one of my Christmas gifts to my family, I started working on a scrap book.  So many of our picutres just sit on social media and it's not nearly as fun to flip through the photos on your phone as it is in a carefully made scrap books with hand written notes and sweet memories attatched.  I got really lucky and my family got me a whole bunch of materials to work on the book.  I'm basically set for a long time...It was an expensive hobby to just pick up with ZERO supplies on hand, so it's so great to have all these gifts to jump into this big picture project. 

 
Of course, my family also set Travis up with some cool gifts.  My dad got him a buck knife and made him a hoster for one of the hand guns he inheritted.  I got him a tent so that we can go out camping when it warms up, my mom made him his very own wooby (a blanky to love forever), and my sisters got him ties. He said the ties might be his favorite out of all the gifts...

 
Overall, it was a great Christmas spend with all of the people that I love most.  I can't wait for many more years to come.  Of course, it's always hard saying goodbye, but I'm ready for the New Year, a new semester, and many more adventures in this awesome life I'm living.
 
How was your Christmas? Does your family have any cool traditions? Did you get any Christmas snow?


 

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas! :)

Ashley said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas! Glad you got snow, we haven't gotten any yet and I'm not sure I'm sad about that.

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs