Wednesday, January 6, 2016

1 Semester, 2 Jobs, and 3 Relationships Later; Alternately Titled: TLDR

I frequently consider a return to blogging.  In fact, I probably think about it at least 2-3 times a day.  But then when I sit down to write, I just don't really feel like it. Today, I thought about it a lot more than usual and I figured the best way to get back into this is to just tear off the bandaid. I figure a relatively easy way to do that would be a brief re-cap of 2015.  And I mean brief. 
At the beginning of the year I was living in Las Vegas.  I was in a different relationship, finishing up my school semester and I was, to say the least, uncertain about where I would be a few months down the road. 
Towards the end of February things started to change.  My relationship was on the verge of ending and so was my time in Las Vegas.  I was trying to figure out the best way to stay there, but it just wasn't all that realistic. 

After that relationship ended, I started dating an old boyfriend.  You know...That one that I almost married back when I was 18?  Well shortly after that began I finished up my school semester, and I moved back to Salt Lake.  

For the rest of the spring, and throughout the summer, I continued to date Jake.  We had this whimsical summer filled with fishing, camping, family time, and other random adventures.  I started a new job, I played Army for a little while and then all of a sudden (and I mean it...it was pretty damn sudden) that relationship ended.  That was probably the biggest surprise.  But when I think about it, it's truly for the best.  It still twinges a little to say that, but I'm better off. 

In August, after I started to really excel in my position at my civilian job. I started working off the clock and trying to figure out a way that I could get looked at for promotion.  As I'd only been working there a few months, I wasn't sure how realistic I was being, but all that extra work finally paid off.  I was officially promoted in October and I started training new hires and working on the development of our current employees. 

Also in October, we took an amazing family vacation to California. We spend a couple of days on the beach and several more in Disneyland.  It was fantastic and I kinda want to go back, eat some Disneyland pickles and lay on the beach.
 Hoover Dam on the way to the beach.
 My sister's adorable little family.  My niece LOVED the "big watty"

Seriously...she's the cutest little Minnie Mouse in the universe. 

Disney's 60th Anniversary was pretty Memorable.  I got this cool pin and I totally made the fanny pack look cool.

Toward the end of October I started dating Corey.  I'll tell ya more about Corey here in his one very special blog post.  

and in November I finally made that trip to the dentist I'd been planning forever.  This too will need it's own post.  

But just as a little teaser...
That was on Halloween which I spend with Corey, turning down a trip to see Garth Brooks in concert (for free) to do so. 

Now...here we are at the beginning of another year 1 semester, 2 jobs, and 3 relationships later... and I don't even know where the time went. Things are so different from when this year started.  And honestly, I can't wait to see what happens next. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs