Friday, April 18, 2014

This is Just The Beginning

Well hello!
You may be wondering where the heck I have been. Well, I spent that past few weeks in Fort Leonard Wood at a Mass Casualty Decontamination course. It was awesome. Overwhelming and basically like drinking water from a fire hose, but it was beyond worth it to go. 

I was able to see one of my battle buddies from AIT who is stationed in Fort Drum (that's in New York...real far away from me).  I got to get to know few people in my unit really well.  We had a few really good nights out there together. It was stressful, but I am so happy that I was afforded the opportunity to go out there to learn and grow socially and within my military career. 

The first portion of the class was all classroom stuff. We had to get out hazmat operations certifications first and foremost. I studied more for that test than I think I have for every test I've ever taken in my life, and I got an 88% on it...I'm hoping to take a course like this one again that also teaches operations just so I can re-learn all this stuff again.  I do, however, have this great party trick where I can name most of the cargo tanks on the road and tell you what is most likely in them...Okay, so it isn't great, it's weird, but oh well. 

I learned so much and had such a good time. I can't wait until I get this chance again.  And this is only the beginning. Next week I'm heading out to Annual Training, so it isn't unlikely that I'll be a little bit MIA, but I'll try to post a little bit when I get the chance.  A few weeks after that, in June, I'll be heading out to Fort Knox, Kentucky to do an active duty assignment for a few weeks. It's probably going to be lame, but I'm also very excited for that. Any chance I get to live the active duty life for a while, I'll take!  Well, I guess that's about it for now.

Stay classy, Blog-world. 


1 comments:

Ashley said...

Great job on your test!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs