Monday, April 21, 2014

What's With Hating On Easter?

Well hey there, Monday. We meet again. 

Today, I go back to my civilian job for a few days. I'm currently just hoping that I haven't forgotten how to do my job.  This is probably the most difficult part of being a reservist: Balance. I'm about to spend almost my whole summer playing Army, and then I have to go back to civilian life like I never left. Some might say we have the best of both worlds, but I'd have to disagree. 
-------
Anyway...I'm so glad that I was home with my family to celebrate Easter. I know that a lot of people don't really celebrate it. Some people will spout off about how it's actually a pagan holiday, some just smoked weed because it was also 4/20.  Some think that eggs, bunnies, and candy, are too commercialized and hate that the focus is off the resurrection of Christ.  What is with all this hating on Easter? 

Well, if you ask me, it's an excuse for my whole family to get together, play with my adorable niece and eat ham and scalloped potatoes. For as long as I can remember, we've done an Easter Egg hunt and gotten baskets filled with more things than we ever would have imagined and we're no worse for wear.  I suppose that everyone has there own way of doing things, but this is ours. 

Kallie "hunted" for her little princess eggs
Photo: This is the first Easter that we didn't color eggs and I'm nearly 21. Instead it's all about the baby and her princess eggs.\
And when I say hunted, I mean that they got in her way, so she just tossed them to the side and she headed straight towards the candy on the floor to put them all in her little basket.  My sister had her in an adorable little yellow dress that got caught under her knees when she crawled. I think it's safe to say that Kallie has no idea what Easter is. Look at this kid's face...

To me, family is the most important part of the holidays. True meaning matters, but more than that, using the time you have off of work and available to spend together is what matters most. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that, but I honestly don't think so. 

I hope that everyone had a great Easter/Spring Break/ 4/20 / Pagan Celebration. Or whatever you celebrate. All I know, is that I'm so happy I could be around this year to spend time with my family. 

What did you do for Easter?

2 comments:

Jen said...

She looks so cute!

Ashley said...

I agree that spending time with family is the most important and special things on holidays!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs