Wednesday, April 2, 2014

That Love/Hate Though...

Tons of people ask me if I like the military. My typical answer is "I love it.  I'm suited for it and it's awesome"  In the next breath, I'll be telling them about something about it that I really freaking hate. 
Before I launch into what I have to say today, I want to preface this by saying that nearly anyone you meet who is in the military will have a love/hate relationship.  Sure, we will complain about it all day long, but at the end of the day when the work is done and we can put our feet up, we'll let you know that we're proud to serve our country. Even if it means we had to clean the toilets all day. So when you read this, don't get me wrong, I'm a Soldier through and through. I love the Army and I love being a member of the military, but with all love come a little titch of hate. 
It's possible I used this post as an excuse to read a zillion Military Memes and a crap ton of Terminal Lance Comics. 

10.  Regulations constantly change.  One day we're allowed to do something and the next we're not. And we're also expected to always know what the regs are. This is especially difficult as a reservist when they are constantly changing. 

9.  We often get treated like we're children. Possibly because we deserve it. 

8.  Putting my hair in a bun. 

7. Being rushed to do everything just to be at a standstill.  Otherwise known as "Hurry up and wait"

6.  People are stupid. 

5.  Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Then later, there are too many Indians and not a chief among us. 

4. You're scared to pat your friend on the back because Sexual Assault. 

3. Men.

2. Being 15 minutes early to 15 minutes early. 


1. We spend a crap ton of our time doing things that aren't our job. 

Don't get me wrong, like I said before I really do love the Army. Joining the military was the right choice for me, but man...sometimes I just get this look on my face...Because I know shit's about to get stupid. 

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I come from a military family: navy, marines, and army - many of these things are true and true across the branches!

Jen said...

You are definitely right in some of these. My husband talks about a lot of this on a daily basis.

Ashley said...

Number 9 made me laugh. That actually was something one of John's friends and I talked about because it happened to him.

Jamie said...

That phone is hilarious.

Faithfully Free Blog said...

My brother would agree on all of these, well except maybe the part about men! Lol

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs