Sunday, September 6, 2015

When You Know You Know

Nearly every day I scroll through my Facebook Newsfeed.  I check out what my family is sharing, I might click on a few profiles of people from high school, and I'll laugh at a few memes.  Pretty often I click on blog posts from my favorites, and I shamefully read articles that are telling me what to do and what to think about everything.  

Whenever I see a tag line like "5 signs you've met your husband" or "10 reasons to dump him" I just wonder what makes you so qualified to tell everyone about their own love life?  I'm pretty sure the answer here is this:  They're not qualified at all.

A few days ago, a relationship I thought would be my last ended.  And I think it may have ended forever.  I can't really be sure, but I think it's for real this time.  That relationship checked every box.  
 i.e.-- his happiness = my happinessI wanted to share everything with him. All I ever wanted was to be around him...and the list goes on and on.

But you know...Real Life is not about checking boxes.  It's about people and their experiences.  It's about different perspectives being combined.  It's about the lives of two people or two families colliding.  Real Life consists of constant changes.  Turbulence.  Decisions.  Differences.  Hopes & Dreams.  Jobs.  Goals.  Money.  Love...

In short...how do you know you met the one?

You don't know.  You might say you know. You might be making yourself rice-a-roni for breakfast and talking to your mom and you're telling her..."mom I'm going to marry him."  But you know, it doesn't matter.  He might check every box.  He could be everything you ever wanted and you might just know.  

But you also might not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs