Friday, June 27, 2014

Highly Parenthetical


You guys! I don’t even know where to start.  I love my life so much.  Seriously.
Over the past 3.25 days, I have traveled in my little car across 8 states.  I’ve seen amazing things. I just don’t even know how to describe it.  A huge portion the ride, I just sat there wondering how on earth I was going to describe the experience to my blog.  My conclusion? I honestly don’t even know if I can. 
The only word I can think of to describe it is simply euphoric.  

It was like every state line I crossed, I felt as if I was entering into a new world.  And it was a whole different world each time.  As I was driving through the Midwest, it was mostly farm land that I was driving through, and when I could, I tuned into the radio to try and get a real piece of what the place was like. 

I just have all this wanderlust inside of me, and this little 1600 mile jaunt has only just intensified the lust in my heart.

**
Tragically, I have as much internet on this lap top as I do on an etcha-sketch (read “zero”) so I’m currently writing drafts as word documents for the time when I have the chance to hit the library.  I can’t even really use the internet on my phone.  I’ve used up 90% of my data (as of 06/26) and my billing period ends the 29th. ..I can’t even Tinder it up. But anyway…
(update:  Since writing this post, I bought a little bit more data so I now have a "hotspot".  It will be used to post all my entries)

So far I haven’t really done much on Fort Knox.  I checked in, got a lovely (read “super crappy”) barracks room, did some other administrative sort of things, and now here I am. 
Let's not even talk about how bad my bed looks...don't worry, we'll never get inspected. But seriously, I feel like I'm in prison. does my room not look like Piper's cube on Orange is the new black?

For some reason lately, I’ve been feeling very…adventurous.  I can’t explain why.  If I knew, I promise I would divulge the secret, but seems how I’m not even telling myself, I probably can’t tell you either.  Just know that for the first time in a long time, I’m so outrageously happy with my life situation.  Sure, there are things that could be better, but I’ve chosen to, as Augustus Waters would say “I’m on a roller coaster that only goes up” (John Greene “The Fault in Our Stars”) And I quite like it that way.
Well, I suppose that is all  for now, I shall report in as soon as I can, like I said, my computer may as well be a Magna-Doodle…so you’ll see posts when you see em. I’m going to work at cranking them out when I can so that they’re seen as often as possible!

So until I have a few posts stacked up and ready to go, I'm just going to stare into these lovely eastern sunsets and work to thoroughly enjoy my time here. 
Bye for now!

1 comments:

Jen said...

It's so fun traveling across different states! :) Enjoy Fort Knox, Kyle enjoyed his time when he was there.

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs